Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Hello!

This is the first time I've tried doing something like this, but I'm always willing to try new things. I've enjoyed film ever since I was young. As a child I loved Disney and DreamWorks movies, and then as I got older my dad exposed me to other films, such as Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars.

A little background about me: I am currently a sophomore in college. My first year at college I was a zoology major, which for those of you who don't know is the study of animals. It was very chemistry and math based, which I was very weak with. Also with my own personal and family issues made for a very bad first year of college. I've since transferred to another college for General Studies and I plan to get my associates degree and then transfer to a film school in LA. My favorite genre to write is action/adventure, which is a male dominated genre. This doesn't scare me because I know what I am capable of. My favorite directors are Quentin Tarantino, J. J Abrams, and Alfred Hitchcock.

Anyways, the purpose of this blog is for me to think more critically about films and to practice writing about them. And if other people get enjoyment out of it, that's a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment